22 Nov 2012

USEFUL EXPRESSIONS AT A HOTEL

FINDING AND BOOKING A HOTEL.-

- Is there a hotel near here?
- Is there a bed and breakfast (B&B) near here?
- Could you recommend a good hotel to me?
- Could you recommend us a cheap bed and breakfast?
- Could you show me where there’s a hotel in a quiet area?
- I’d like a room for two, please.
- Are there any vacancies?  I’m sorry we’re full.  It’s high season / low season.
- How long are you going to stay?  One night.
- Could we see the room, please?
- Could you put a spare bed / cot in it, please?
- Could you show me another room, please?  The room is too cold.  It’s too dark.  It’s too noisy.
- Has it got hot water?
- Has it got air conditioning?
- Has it got a bath / shower?
- Has it got a safe?
- Is it a exterior room / interior room/ a room with a view?
- How much is it per night?  How much is it for 3 days?
- Is breakfast included?
- Is room service included?   Yes, room service is included.
- Is it full board?  Is it half board?
- How much is it for a child?

AT THE HOTEL.-

- Have you made a reservation?  My name is …
- I’ve made a reservation for a single room / double room / twin room.
- I haven’t made a reservation.
- Your passport, please.
- Fill this form in, please.
- Sign here, please.
- Which is my room?  It’s number 231, on the second floor.
- Here’s your key.
- Could you take my luggage to my room, please?  The porter will take your luggage for you.
- When is breakfast time, please?
- Where is the dinning room, please?
- Can I leave my luggage here?
- Could I have a taxi for tomorrow at nine o’clock?  I’m leaving tomorrow.
- Could you prepare my bill, please?
- I think there’s a mistake in my bill.  You are charging me too much.  You are charging me too little.
- I’ve had a very pleasant stay.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Video: A Brave New World